VIA Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell: Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell, Georgia invites artists to submit proposals of existing and new outdoor art works for consideration for ArtAround Roswell 2021, a Sculpture Tour; a temporary, monumental art installation to be installed at various outdoor sites in the City of Roswell, Georgia. Proposals selected through this call will be considered for exhibition during an 11-month tour from May 2021 – March 2022.
This invitation is extended to all qualified artists with no entry fee. Roswell Arts Fund seeks to have a diverse and inclusive selection pool that represents the diversity and vibrancy of the Roswell communities.
Artists will receive a $2500 stipend for the loan of their work, paid in two installments ($1250 upon execution of contract, and $1250 when the artwork is deinstalled).
ArtAround Roswell 2021 showcases diverse and varied sculptural works, bringing joy, and improving quality of life to Roswell’s public spaces. This year, the theme for consideration for exhibition is about CONNECTION. Panelists and artists are asked to submit their proposals that feature connection –
• How does the art connect to its environment?
• How does the art connect to the place? Perhaps to history?
• What is the connection between the audience and the work?
Sculptures will be selected and installed throughout the city, including within existing parks and historical downtown Roswell. Sites may be publicly or privately owned. Existing sites and sculptures can be viewed at www.roswellartsfund.org.
All sculptures are for sale to the public unless otherwise stated but must remain installed for the entirety of the eleven months of the exhibition and tour.
ArtAround Roswell is a collaboration between the Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell. The sculptures are hosted by the City of Roswell, Department of Recreation and Parks and Private business owners.
Artist and Artwork Eligibility:
• This call is open to all artists and artist teams. Applicants must be 18 or older.
• Artwork must be an original, one-of-a-kind artwork.
• Please specify special equipment and installation requirements. 4’x4’ cement pads are available for anchoring.
• Artwork must be fabricated and finished in a manner that presents no danger to the public. This includes hazardous chemicals or treatments, surfaces that are rough or sharp, or any loose components susceptible to failure. The works must be able to be “maintenance free” for the duration of the exhibition.
• All exhibition space is outdoors and accessible to the public. Artwork should be appropriate for all ages.
• The selected artist(s) will be required to carry general liability insurance for the installation and for the length of the exhibition. Proof of insurance is required at the time of contracting.
• Each artist may submit a maximum of THREE (3) existing artworks for consideration. Each artwork must be submitted in a separate application. No less than 3 digital images per artwork for a maximum of (9) images. Please ensure images show various views of the artwork, as well the detail. PLEASE include at least one image that includes a person next to the sculpture, or scale figure of 6’ height, so to better evaluate size and scope of the artwork.