VIA Homestead Hospice:
Alternative Therapist provides direct services of music, art, dance, massage or exercise therapy to hospice patients and their families to assist in reducing the psycho-social and physical needs as identified by the IDT assessment. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
The Hospice Music, Art, Massage, Dance, Exercise Therapist will visit senior centers, assisted living and skilled facilities and/or other facilities as requested, to provide soothing psych-social, emotional, spiritual and /or physical comfort of our patients, families and facility staff.
The Alternative Therapist will promote Homestead Hospice in all the facilities they visit and will relay important information about the facility, patient or families to the appropriate hospice interdisciplinary team member for further interaction.
The Alternative Therapist will adhere to all patient, family and facility HIPPA rules and rights/responsibilities.
- Minimum of Certification from an approved Music, Art, Dance, Massage or Exercise Therapy Program preferred.
- At least two years in the field preferred.
- In regards to Vocal Music Therapy, singer must exhibit a soothing and pleasant singing voice.
- Proficient on an accompanying instrument. (Music Therapist)
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Self-directed with the ability to work little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Some work outside of normal business hours is required.
- Proficiency in utilizing music therapy techniques to assist the patient and family.
- Good attendance must be maintained.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.