The Greater Augusta Arts Council currently coordinates two gallery spaces in Augusta, GA. These opportunities are open to all artists in the River Region.
The City Gallery is located the newly renovated Municipal Building, which hosts a new show approximately every three months. City Gallery shows can be juried group shows, single artist shows, or themed shows created in partnership with a local partner organization.
The Gallery at Augusta & Company hosts a quarterly show of local artists whose work is rotated out as it sells, and the artists are selected by a committee. Both opportunities are free to apply, and have their own set of requirements. Sign up for artist updates on this page to receive updates about the next available round of applications.
Winter Art Sale
Call for Art
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Theme: Small works
Show dates: November 22, 2019 – January 3, 2020
Exhibition at the City Gallery (Municipal Building 1st Floor at 535 Telfair Street)
The Greater Augusta Arts Councils invites Artists from the Augusta Area to submit smaller works to be sold in the City Gallery Winter Art Sale. Each year, the Arts Council hosts a show of “small works” in the City Gallery for the Holiday Season. All works in the show much measure no greater than 12 inches high or wide, and be for sale for $200 or less. Any work sold will be immediately available for the purchaser to take home, in expectation of being given as a gift. All purchases will have sales tax added. Commission structure is 70:30 (70% to artist, 30% to the Greater Augusta Arts Council).
The call is open Oct. 22 – Nov. 15. Please follow the link and fill out the online registration form.
- Dimensions: Maximum 12″ x 12″ (frame must not exceed 14″)
- Price: $200 or less (not for sale items are not for this show)
- You may submit up to 4 pieces
- All submitted pieces must be READY TO HANG.
Work that cannot be hung, will not be included. (If you need a primer on hanging, the Arts Council can help you, by appointment, in advance. Call 706.826.4702 to make an appointment.)
- No nudity (implied or explicit), violence, or obscenities
- Open to all local & regional artists; all ages welcome
- Artists must be able to drop off work at the City Gallery on November 21. Details for the drop-off window at the gallery will be included in your confirmation email
- The Arts Council is not able to mail or deliver unsold work.
Please note: There is a space limit for the City Gallery that requires us to cap the artworks in the show at 60 pieces. Submissions are on a first-come, first-served basis. The Gallery Manager reserves the right to reject submissions.